ECI DTX 240 Technical Information:
The DTX240 system accepts up to two hundred and forty (240) 64 kbps trunks carrying either voice, voice band non-speech signals, or digital data for transmission over a 2.048 Mbps or 1.544 Mbps digital link. It offers the following major features:
- A compression ratio of between 5:1 and 6:1 for speech traffic
- Compression of Group 3 fax signals up to 14.4 kbps, at a ratio of up to 6:1
- Compression of non-fax VBD signals up to 9.6kbps using standard data compression card.
- Compression of non-fax VBD signals up to 14.4.6kbps using an optional enhanced data compression card.
- 64 kbps Clear Channel capability for:
- Pre-assigned channels
- Dynamically requested channels (Q.50 enhanced protocol)
- All VBD calls or selective assignment for V.34 calls (optional)