The Marconi OMS 1600 allows for an easy migration from an SDH ADM to an Ethernet switch without need to change platforms. The performance management features are included for both the SDH and data domains, with counters, alarms and historic data being available to confirm levels of QoS and SLAs.
The support of Ethernet OAM will enable end-to-end QoS across mixed networks. This all makes the OMS 1600 MSPP the ideal platform for delivering mixed TDM and data services with consistent and predictable behaviour.
Key features and benefits for OMS 1600 include
- Dual SDH and Data architecture for future-proof flexibility
- 60Gbit/s non-blocking VC-12 switch
- 20Gbit/s non-blocking packet switch
- STM-16, STM-64 and 10GigE aggregate interfaces.
- STM-16 in-service upgradeable to STM-64.
- Embedded DWDM and OTN carrier grade optical transport
- Pre-amplification and booster options for extended reach applications
- Carrier class TDM and packet functionality.
- Ethernet switching and service support for Full Service Broadband, IPTV and Business Ethernet (E-Line, E-LAN)
- High density Ethernet interfaces, with Ethernet Port Extension for managed remote delivery