One OptiX OSN 8800 subrack supports access of 320/640x10G or 32/64x100G services. The OptiX OSN 8800 can accommodate mass IP services and provide centralized grooming and unified management. Because one OptiX OSN 8800 subrack is equivalent to multiple subracks of other WDM nodes, it saves 80% of the equipment footprint and reduces power consumption per bandwidth by up to a 55%. Also, OSN 8800 devices can be directly connected instead of through ODFs and therefore are highly reliable.
The OptiX OSN 8800 has MS-OTN features:
- Cross-connections of OTN/SDH/packet services on centralized cross-connect boards
- Flexible transmission of OTN, SDH, and packet services to improve board utilization
The OptiX OSN 8800 is mainly deployed on national backbone networks, regional/provincial backbones, and some metro core sites. In addition to large capacities and long-haul WDM features, the OptiX OSN 8800 integrates:
• T-bit electrical cross-connection
• Full-granularity grooming ranging from 100Mbit/s to 100Gbit/s
• Optical-electrical ASON synergy
• 40G/100G transmission capability
• Various management and protection functions
Empowered by these features, the OptiX OSN 8800 provides carriers with end-to-end OTN/WDM backbone transport solutions to accommodate large-capacity grooming and ultra-capacity transmission.
The OptiX OSN 8800 T64/T32/T16 can form a complete end-to-end OTN network, or work with the OptiX BWS 1600G, OptiX OSN 1800, and OptiX OSN 9800 to form a WDM network. The OptiX OSN 8800 can also be used with NG-SDH, PTN, or data communication equipment to achieve a complete transport solution.